Friday 1 April 2011

My Personal Journey.

Currently I am studying a degree in Graphic Communication at Birmingham City University. There is often days where I question myself and think am I cut out for this? Will it all be worth it in the end? The endless struggles of juggling everything that is going on around me can sometimes become daunting from keeping up with the series of lectures, blogging, talks, workshops, sketchbook work, trying your hardest to act like a human sponge, mixing all this with a completely boring part time job and trying to enjoy general life while its running so quickly. I start to question myself whether I am taking all of this information in or am I missing any important information out?

I have a photographic memory so making lists is pointless to me because 99% of the time I will not look at them again, however I love to loose myself in a good book and most of the time will absorb more information from reading a book and having photographs in front of me rather than surfing the internet through several pages and never knowing if the information you are looking at is genuine. Sadly I feel I do not have enough time to do this as often as id like to.

I find the best way I can learn is by looking around me, at past memories, Inspirational people, times of history and the different people around me and their experiences. I personally feel the over use of modern communication technology now in this day and age has changed the way people live their lives. Which in my opinion sometimes is not for the better, how much simpler would our lives be without it? Or on the other hand how would we live without it? For example my Nan quoted "you know you can send a letter on the computer? How much does it cost?" I love the idea of everybody communicating by putting pen to paper again. But is she missing out by not having knowledge from the Internet?


No comments:

Post a Comment